Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Quiet Tuesday

It's sleeting outside tonight, and there is no place I'd rather be than curled up next to my puppy on my sofa, listening to Mumford and Sons and flipping through some vintage photography magazines. 

Last weekend when my husband was visiting family in Pennsylvania, his grandmother (who is also a photography lover) gave him a stack of photography magazines and books from the 1980s. It is fascinating to see how much the trade has grown over the years, as well as how much the concepts have stayed the same. Last winter when we visited his grandparents, Grandma Hoffman also showed me her photography collection of old cameras and equipment. It is neat to have something in common with her through our love of photography, and it's nice to know that I'm not going to be the only one with my camera out at family gatherings. 

I have been missing home quite a lot lately, so I am looking forward to the holidays in Pennsylvania with family; but for now, I am enjoying quiet fall nights like these. Life is too short to worry and regret. Sometimes we just need to forget about the hard stuff, lay back and relax. I often overlook the simple pleasures in life like a quiet night at home listening to music and sipping hot chocolate. 


 Vintage Magazines
Hot Cocoa Love <3
Mumford. Enough said.

No comments:

Post a Comment